Sustainable Innovation, Operationalising Sustainability and Sustainable Finance
8–9 May 2017
Duration, format and location
Two-day residential seminar; Cambridge, UK
The course fee is £1,250. Discounts are available for multiple delegates, NGOs and self-funded individuals.
How to apply
About this Sustainability Leadership Lab
Governments across the world agreed to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), creating significant opportunities for companies to tap into new markets and contribute to society. In order to take advantage of this, businesses must better understand, quantify and communicate its social and environmental impact.
This Sustainability Leadership Lab will explore how companies and investors can identify the key impacts of their operations and investment products, quantify and communicate on their contribution to the SDGs to key stakeholders in a compelling way.
Who should attend?
The Leadership Lab will appeal to professionals from business and financial institutions, including individuals working in sustainability, responsible investment, investor relations and marketing, and sustainability consultants looking to better communicate impact to clients.
What will I learn?
The two-day course will consider how businesses and financial institutions can understand and communicate their impact on society and the environment by stretching your thinking through active participation.
You will be introduced to an innovative impact assessment framework being developed by the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) in partnership with the Investment Leaders Group (ILG), a global network of leading investment firms working to help shift the investment chain towards responsible, long-term value creation.
You will have the opportunity to reflect on the application of the framework to your organisation and situation, and:
- understand how the SDGs are relevant to companies and financial institutions
- learn how to identify and prioritise the impact of your organisation or investments
- better understand and communicate your organisation’s or investment fund's impact on society and the environment and contribution to the SDGs
- discover how innovation can improve environmental and social impact performance
- explore case studies and perspectives from leading experts and organisations
- bring your own business example to work on with your peers
- further the dialogue between sustainability and investment professionals about building shared expectations and a common language around impact.
The workshop will feature interactive sessions and case studies with speakers including:
- Gail Klintworth, Director (Business Transformation), Business and Sustainable Development Commission; former Group Customer Director of Old Mutual Group and Chief Sustainability Officer of Unilever
- Will Oulton, Head of Responsible Investment, First State Investments
- Professor Jaideep Prabhu, Professor of Marketing, Cambridge Judge Business School
- Miguel Veiga-Pestana, Chief Executive Officer, MVP & Associates Ltd; former Head of External Affairs and Media Relations, Unilever