Students undertake a number of assessed and non-assessed assignments which are designed to ensure integration of the participant's learning with their workplace context.
The assessment process includes written work an oral presentations, and hosting a webinar. The assessed work is supported by programme tutors. Remote learning is supported via a Virtual Learning Environment (online platform).
- Produce an analytical case study of up to 5,000 words which demonstrates sustainability leadership in practice within their own or another organisation. Students are encouraged, where appropriate, to base this on the implementation of the Strategic Action Plan produced on the Postgraduate Certificate. The study includes a 1,000-word summary suitable for web publication.
- Deliver a presentation on their case study at one of the Diploma Labs, aimed at encouraging presentation of the key findings in an engaging and accessible way.
- Develop a thought leadership piece on a topic relevant to sustainability leadership in a business context, drawing on academic and practitioner literature (2,000 words).
- Prepare a short (500-word) article in an accessible format based on the above essay. It should be suitable for publication in an appropriate non-academic publication or website.
- Host an interactive webinar on a theme of relevance to sustainability leadership.
The following are non-assessed but, nevertheless, required:
- Work through preparatory materials in advance of the residential workshops and Labs.
- Produce a short review of the key findings, discussions and content of one of the Labs attended, pulling together and reflecting on learnings and outputs from the process of co-creation.
- Participate in a set number of webinars hosted by their peers and programme contributors (one webinar every three months).
- Complete an E-module on the topic of Leadership for Sustainability or Corporate Philanthropy. This combines lessons, tasks, student-led discussions and written exercises.
- Either keep a blog over the course of one year, with posts every month, exploring sustainability leadership in action or prepare a series of short leadership reflections (in article or video format) for publication via an appropriate channel.