Applications for the Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Value Chains are now open until 31 March 2017. Apply here.
"It is helpful to have sounding boards with different backgrounds and perspectives, while sharing the basic understanding that the world is changing and we need to play a more active role in shaping the nature of these changes and their impact on us all. I believe that I will be inspired with many more ideas on how to play an influential role in this sector financing the transition to sustainability."
Yvette Nowell, Head of RMB Fund, Rand Merchant Bank
Requirements of applicants
Prospective participants must be able to demonstrate:
- Possession of an undergraduate degree from a recognised university, or evidence of equivalent work experience/achievement and ability to read for a Master's-level programme;
- An acceptable ability in written and spoken English language (evidence will be required of participants’ proficiency if English is not their first language);
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience after graduation;
- An endorsement from their employing institution supporting their application and required time commitment for the programme, or – if independent – from an acceptable institution familiar with their work;
- Interest in and commitment to sustainability;
- Academic and/or professional excellence;
- Commitment to using learning from the programme to lead or influence change within their business context;
- Access to appropriate computer technology and internet software;
- Ability to pay the course fees or identify a sponsoring institution;
- Ability to attend both workshops.
Application and selection process
Applications are now open and the final deadline for admissions is 31 March 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Applicants requiring time to obtain visas to study, secure funding, and/or make travel or other arrangements are particularly encouraged to apply as early as possible.
The selection process will adjudicate candidates against the above criteria. Whilst academic performance is one of the criteria that we will review in order to identify the strongest candidates, we will also consider other indicators of ability.
Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Value Chains (PCSVC) course fees for 2017 are £7,395.
This includes all teaching fees, learning materials, meals and accommodation for the residential workshops. The fee also includes attendance at the Postgraduate Certificate Awards Ceremony (not inclusive of travel or accommodation for the Awards Ceremony).
A discounted rate is available for group applications. Companies may choose to make use of the discount, for example to facilitate the participation of an external partner, or to reduce the cost of sending a cross-functional team. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.