A team of tutors supports the learning process throughout the programme, providing subject knowledge as well as guidance and support to participants. The tutors – all of whom have direct experience of working to implement sustainability strategies within business – are drawn from industry, academia and civil society.
As well as chairing workshop sessions and delivering workshop inputs in their areas of expertise, tutors support participants in their individual assignments and each tutor facilitates a group project. Tutors serve as first markers for all submitted assignments and provide feedback to participants.
- Ken is currently Director of Partnerships in Practice – a UK-based think tank and consultancy that focuses on ensuring that global to local partnership approaches are fit-for-purpose.
- Dr Nicky Dee is a Research Associate, Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge.
- Elspeth is the Deputy Director of our South Africa Office. Elspeth directs the CISL Sustainability Practitioner Programme in South Africa and is bringing her knowledge and experience to the first Australian programme. Elspeth was formerly director of the University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business MBA programme and is currently a tutor on the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership’s Master of Studies in Sustainability Leadership and on the Anglo American Advanced Social Management Programme.
- Oliver Dudok van Heel is the global Head of Corporate Responsibility with law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer where he leads the development and implementation of the firm's approach to sustainability.
- David is an independent adviser on the social and environmental impacts of business. He joined BP in 1979 as a research geophysicist and in his 27 years there held positions as an exploration and production geophysicist, Head of Basin Modelling, Head of Geoscience Training, Exploration Manager in China, commercial analyst, strategic planner, and political adviser.
- Paul is the Sustainable Business Director at Lloyds Banking Group where he is responsible for the strategy and governance of the Bank’s approach to responsibility, ethics and sustainability.