ClimateWise membership is open to all (re)insurers, brokers and other insurance industry service providers globally who are leaders, or aspire to play a leadership role in supporting the insurance industry respond to the risks and opportunities of climate change.
Joining the ClimateWise community will enable your organisation to get a deeper understanding of the knowledge, skills, tools and relationships it needs to respond to the challenges of the climate risk protection gap and become an ‘insurer of the future’.
For more information on how to join ClimateWise please email us, telephone +44 (0)1223 768850, or download our brochure.
“Given the continual growth in exposure to natural catastrophes, insurance can no longer simply rely on a strategy of assessing and re-pricing risks. Doing so threatens a rise of uninsurable markets, which could undermine our own industry’s relevance and future. There is no simple solution. A meaningful and sustainable response to climate change risk needs to be built around being systemic in our thinking around climate risk and being collaborative, leveraging all our industry resources and creating partnerships. ClimateWise exists precisely to support such a response. We support our industry as it responds to the inherent risks and opportunities associated with the transition to a zero carbon, climate-resilient economy.”
Maurice Tulloch, Chair, ClimateWise and Chairman, Global General Insurance, Aviva
Summary of member benefits
- Member alignment, via The ClimateWise Principles, with emerging global best practice on climate risk disclosure.
- Board-level access to the latest, cutting-edge research on the commercial opportunities of climate change.
- Association, via CISL’s involvement, in global networks. This includes the G20’s Green Finance Study Group and the European Commission’s High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance.
- Ongoing support via CISL’s broader network of business platforms, executive education programmes and opportunities for customised board-level strategic support.
- Annually report against The ClimateWise Principles (suspended for the first full year of membership).
- Identify and maintain board level sponsorship of ClimateWise membership and (if necessary) a working group/reporting representative.
- Optionally inform and help disseminate research outputs.
- Optionally participate in ClimateWise’s ‘Managing Committee’ or the senior-level ‘ClimateWise Insurance Advisory Council'.