Webinar: Climate Change – Implications for Cities
Chair: Nicolette Bartlett, Senior Programme Manager, CISL.
Guest: Sandrine Dixson-Declève, Director of Policy and Director of The Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders Group, CISL Brussels.
Guest: Maryke van Staden, Director of the Bonn Center for Local Climate Action and Low Carbon Cities Program Manager, ICLEI.
- What are the key risks and opportunities for cities relating to climate change?
- What is the role of government and business in tackling climate change in cities?
- What are the barriers to effective action in cities, and how can they be overcome?
- What can be done to improve the climate resilience of cities, including financing?
- How can we catalyse the ambition required to drive real system level change?
- Renewables and green spaces are a key part of city resilience
- The role that leaders play – especially at a local level – is critical
- The best practice models exist but need to be shared and scaled
- Finance, partnerships and capacity building are key enablers
- Good data and risk assessments lead to better decision making
Are you optimistic that COP21 will make a real difference to actions to make cities more resilient?