Senior Programme Manager – Investment Leaders Group
How, in practice, can we shift the entire investment chain towards responsible, long-term value creation?
This agenda-setting question inspired the creation of the Investment Leaders Group (ILG) - a group of the world's top asset owners and investment managers, with around $5 trillion under management, convened by CISL. We are looking for an exceptional individual, who is deeply motivated by the ILG's mission, to lead its work.
A purpose-driven department of the University, CISL seeks to empower leaders to tackle critical global challenges. We do this by catalysing collective business action and through world-class educational programmes, both informed by cutting-edge research. We work with over 50 financial institutions across five continents and financial regulators of the G20.
The ILG launched its second programme in 2016 with a focus on executing the thought leadership of its foundation stage. Priorities include: (i) investment mandates that put long-termism into practice; and (ii) putting information about the true impact of capital into the hands of the investing public.
The successful candidate will drive the design and delivery of the ILG's strategy and work programme, including member relationships, commissioning research, engaging with policy and industry partners, derived education services, securing third-party funding and profiling the ILG's work externally.
You will be a proven self-starter and problem solver and your familiarity with the investment process will earn you instant credibility with the industry. You will demonstrate an ability to empower companies to take practical leadership on global challenges.
In addition, the following attributes are essential:
- Ability to deliver tangible outcomes from complex programmes, including prudent financial management, working through direct reports, partners and contractors
- Ability to facilitate groups, helping organisations to reach consensus
- Strong analytical skills, with uncompromising attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages welcome), making the complex accessible to varied audiences
- Comfort working as part of a small, dynamic and fast-paced team
- Qualification to at least degree level or equivalent.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Strong, international network in the investment industry
- Track record of harnessing academic research to support business-led change
- Successful business development or sales experience, ideally generating commercial opportunities for business-led change for sustainability
- Well-rated experience as a public speaker in a range of fora
- Experience of engaging in the development of public policy or financial regulation.
We are open to interest in a 1-2 year secondment from relevant organisations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore further.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click here. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact Nicola Wright, Head of HR & Business Services on email@example.com.
Tentative date for first interviews is Thursday 2 March 2017.