Salary: £29,301 - £38,183
Vacancy reference number EN11360
The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership builds strategic leadership capacity to tackle critical global challenges. It contributes to the University’s leadership position in the field of sustainability through a portfolio of executive and graduate education, business leaders’ groups and strategic engagement with major organisations.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who can utilise his/her specialist marketing skills to contribute to the Institute’s continued growth and visibility in a competitive market place. The post is based in Cambridge and is located within the Corporate Relations and Communications team, where the successful candidate will contribute to an integrated approach to corporate communications, marketing and client relations.
Working across the educational product portfolio and at an organisational level, the role has a particular focus on:
- Developing and delivering the organisational marketing plan
- Promoting the Institute’s thought leadership and enhancing brand awareness
- Promoting CISL’s executive education programmes, business platforms and strategic engagement services
- Creating marketing initiatives to drive recruitment of educational programmes including online, graduate and residential courses
- Working with Programme Directors to undertake marketing and business development for specific programmes
- Facilitating client relations across the organisation to increase engagement and value across the organisation
- Maintaining and mobilising CISL’s network of individual and organisational relationships in support of new business development, research and other income generating opportunities- including management of the CISL Network strategy and CISL Global Ambassador programme
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL’s work and will be expected to demonstrate:
- Experience of delivering successful marketing and promotional campaigns and events across a range of channels online, offline and by email
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems for marketing
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Ability to produce high quality marketing and promotional materials, including copy-writing experience
- A persuasive communicator in writing and in person, with the ability to speak confidently and professionally with senior business leaders, academics & clients
- A basic understanding or willingness to learn about key sustainability concepts (e.g. climate change, resource scarcity, social inequality)
- Experience managing partner and agency relationships
- A self-starting attitude and ability to drive their own work whilst working as part of a team
- Attention to detail and effective prioritisation when working to multiple and tight deadlines
- Numerate with experience of managing a marketing budget
- Qualification to at least degree level or equivalent. A marketing-related degree and/or membership of a professional body such as the Chartered Institute for Marketing (CIM) would be an advantage, but relevant experience is just as valuable.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact Nicola Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of HR & Business Services.
To submit an application please click on the link in the 'Apply online' section of the advert published on the University's Job Opportunities pages http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/12816/
This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form. Please ensure that you upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria for the role in the Upload section of the online application.
The closing date for applications is 6 March 2017.