Salary: £21,843 - £24,565
Vacancy reference number EN11382
The Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) builds strategic leadership capacity to tackle global challenges. We do this through the delivery of leadership programmes and collaborative projects with business and policy leaders around the world.
We are looking for a Finance and Office Coordinator to join the team following the promotion of the current post holder. This role offers an excellent opportunity to further develop your accounting skills, across a broad range of modules, and will support AAT studies (including day release) in a dynamic institute with an international presence. As a member of CISL’s Finance team, your role will be focussed on processing, recording and monitoring financial transactions (AP, AR, General Ledger, Grants, Fixed Assets, Purchasing) and ensuring compliance with the University’s financial procedures. You will be a first point of contact for financial queries (external and internal) and provide some general administrative support across the team such as reordering consumables and liaising with contractors.
Applicants must be sympathetic to the values that underpin CISL’s work and the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent
- AAT qualified (or part qualified) or willingness to study towards AAT qualifications, the equivalent of up to NVQ Level 4
- Experience of working with accounts software e.g. Oracle, Sage
- Competent in standard software packages e.g. Word and Excel
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting processes
- Ability to maintain administrative systems and procedures
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), confidence and tact in dealing with people at all levels within and external to an organisation
- Ability to work in a team and to prioritise work effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy, attention to detail and strong administrative skills imperative
- Be able to take the initiative to find solutions to problems as they arise
- A flexible approach with a willingness to take on additional duties as necessary
This is a full-time post, but part-time applicants (minimum 30 hours per week) will also be considered. To submit an application please click on the link in the 'Apply online' section of the advert published on the University's Job Opportunities pages (Assistant): http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/12842/
This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.