Jake leads our efforts with business, government and finance leaders to build a sustainable economy. Architect of the Rewiring the Economy plan, he is responsible for CISL’s business platforms enabling leaders to find system-level solutions to sustainability problems, and put them into practice with partners and peers.
Jake previously led the Sustainable Development Commission’s team on wellbeing where he was a senior adviser on education, health and transport and nominated for Civil Service Awards in 2009 and 2010. Prior to this he worked with the CISL’s Director to refocus its work on sustainability leadership, drawing on a background in conservation and development with the UN and others in India, Kenya, Lebanon, Bahamas, Guyana and Uganda. This built on a track record of engineering research at the University of Oxford and short spells in the private sector.
Jill's team runs a number of collaborative business, policy and climate change initiatives including providing secretariat for the Corporate Leaders Group and Pacific Alliance Green Growth Platforms.
Jill has been a Senior Associate of CISL for two years and has extensive experience of international climate and energy policy from both government and industry perspectives. Jill has been deeply involved in the development of climate policy in the UK and Europe as well as working extensively in the United States and Canada. She was previously Director of Policy for Doosan Babcock before running her own consultancy, Carbon Policy Associates.
Andrew has led the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership's work with investors, banks, insurers and their regulators for nearly a decade since the global financial crisis.
Andrew's team now convenes over 50 financial institutions from across five continents, developing strategies for collective action that will better align the financial system with the needs of a more equitable and environmentally sustainable economy. Andrew is also an Academic Visitor at the Bank of England.
Eliot leads a body of work to support business and policy action on climate change. He is the Deputy Director of The Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders Group which brings together businesses to work towards a step change in policy and action on climate change.
Eliot has over 15 years’ experience in working to unlock systemic change, including providing policy analysis around climate action for Save the Children and Christian Aid, leading Christian Aid’s UK lobbying work with ministers, parliamentarians and political parties, and working on mobilising grassroots campaigning in locations from Addis Ababa to Birmingham.
- Natalia joined the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership’s EU office in December 2016. She manages international climate policy activities in the Green Growth Platform and The Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders Group. Her background includes multilateral science co-operation and interdisciplinary environmental research practice and policy development.
- Annela is a macroeconomist who enjoys working closely with industry, policymakers and environmental campaigners as well as with scientists from other disciplines.
- Gemma works within the Natural Capital Leaders Platform, bringing together influential companies with a global reach to address their dependencies and impacts on natural capital and enable companies to translate this into a tangible business context.
- Martina is working within the Natural Capital Leaders Platform and in collaboration with the University of Cambridge Conservation Research Institute to develop standardised metrics for understanding businesses’ impacts and dependencies on natural resources.
- Tom specialises in finance and environmental change. He currently manages the ClimateWise initiative in the Sustainable Finance team. ClimateWise is a collaborative partnership co-ordinating the response to environmental change by the global insurance industry.
- Tamara joined the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) in August 2014 in the Business Platforms team. Her work primarily supports the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership’s international initiatives including The Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders Group and its Climate Communiqués, and the Corporate Leaders Network for Climate Action.
- Serena joined the the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership policy team in September 2012.
- Laura is a Project Manager in the Sustainable Finance team.
- Amy has joined us as a Project Manager in the Sustainable Finance team.
- John works on the Natural Capital Leaders Platform which convenes global companies wishing to better understand and manage their impacts and dependencies on natural capital. This currently includes research on the interconnected declines in quantity and quality of soil, water and biodiversity, at the landscape level.
- Fiona manages a range of projects and platforms in the policy and climate portfolio, predominately The Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders Group.
- Annabelle joined the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership policy team in April 2016.
- Clarisse is a Senior Programme Manager in the Investment Leaders Group, Sustainable Finance team.
- Tamara joined the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) in November 2014 as a Project Manager in the Sustainable Finance team.
- Helen joined the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership’s EU office in April 2012. She manages the Green Growth Platform and The Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders Group. Her background is in EU affairs, local and regional government policy, climate change and sustainability issues.
- Anaïs joined the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) in March 2014 as PA to the Director of the EU Office.
- Thomas joined CISL in 2015 as Senior Programme Manager, Banking Environment Initiative in the Sustainable Finance team.
- David joined CISL in 2015 as Programme Manager in the climate and policy team.